There is something about the sunset and the sky in general that captivates me every time I look at it. I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels this way, but when the sun is setting at night or rising in the morning I could just stare at it for hours and watch as the colors and shapes shift into new forms. It amazes me that every time I look at a sunset I will NEVER ever see that exact arrangement of colors and clouds ever again. Sure there will be sunsets day in and day out but never will we see the exact same one. This thought gives me a whole new appreciation for them as I get the privilege of watching my Creator paint something NEW every day right before my eyes.
In many ways I feel like the sky represents life. The sky is enormous and mysterious. We can’t see all of it, but we still know it is beautiful even though we have hardly seen past the surface. Imagine the beauty that can’t be seen with the naked eye or even the world’s largest telescope. In the same way there is SO much in our life that we can’t see. Just like the sky, God created our lives and though we can’t see al of it, HE CAN and he knows the beauty that lies ahead and the beauty that lies within us that is screaming to come out. On gloomy days when the sky is masked with clouds it is easy to let what we see become how we feel. We see a sad looking day and it’s easy to feel glum and lack joy about the day God has given us. But that’s just it. We allow our impaired vision to tell us that what we see is all there is to it.
The sun is shining EVERY SINGLE DAY. It never ceases to rise, just because we can’t see it under the clouds doesn’t mean that it isn’t there. The same applies with life, when we are struggling or battling something in life we tend to feel trapped and hopeless, because all WE are seeing is what is in plain sight, but what GOD sees is the beauty that is ahead and the beauty that WILL ALWAYS come out of the pain. We can have faith that God knows what he is doing, just like we can have faith that the sun still exists when we don’t see it. God’s vision, unlike ours, is not impaired, but is perfect and all seeing.
It’s time we put the cheap telescopes away, appreciate the beauty we can see, but also remember there is SO MUCH MORE that God has ALL control over. What a refreshing feeling to know that beyond the pain there will ALWAYS be the hope of a sunrise.
No comments:
Post a Comment