Over the past couple of months I’ve been contemplating whether or not I would enjoy blogging, and I figure the only way to find out is to give it a try!
Since starting college this fall God has been challenging me more than ever. The transition to college has been a phase of great change, but also a phase of much growth.
Throughout this recent learning process I’ve kept a lot of what I’ve been going through to myself. Journaling has been a great way for me to release my emotions, thoughts, and frustrations. But something I struggle with is admitting that I CANNOT go through life alone. Sure, I can write about my issues all I want and although it provides temporary relief it won’t solve anything. Its a pride issue buried in my heart that tricks me into thinking that I can conquer struggles and sin on my own. With out help from others and sometimes even without help from God. As if I am some how strong enough to STAND up to the devil when I’m constantly BOWING to his lies.
Hopefully this blogging thing will teach me to be vulnerable and will continually challenge me to be open and let people know the truth about what I’m feeling. Lots of people, myself included, think that in order to be strong we have to mask our emotions, act like they don't exist, and put on a front like we have everything together. When in reality there is no strength in that at all. It is not hard to run away. Any one can hide from their emotions, but the real strength and courage is in admitting weakness, embracing our emotions, and admitting we need help. We are broken, weak people whose actions are often dictated but our ever-changing emotions. But we have a god who is a rock and is always firm in his ways. Even though we tend to avoid the messes we create for ourselves, God loves our mess, he wants to be involved in our mess, and he is there to help us clean it up. If only we’d stop hoarding pride and bitterness and hand over the broom and let Him use it to sweep away the old and reveal the new and beautiful buried underneath. Beauty is everywhere; commonly lost under piles of clutter just waiting to be found. But when it is found, what hope and joy it provides!
“Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
and your healing shall spring up speedily;
your righteousness shall go before you;
the glory of the LORD shall be your guard.”
Isaiah 58:8
- Liv
- Liv
I'm excited you started a blog!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to reading more :)
I love it! I can't wait for more!
ReplyDelete:) :) I've been learning similar things as well, Liv! Excited to keep hearing about your heart. Thanks for being brave enough to tell your story!
ReplyDelete